- 1 What is a NICHE or What is Niche Marketing?
- 1.1 TWO PERFECT NICHES
- 1.2 ARE THERE HOT NICHES? YES THERE ARE!
- 1.3 WHAT NICHE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- 1.4 HOW CAN I FIND A NICHE
- 1.5 But don’t do all of this on your own without the necessary knowledge and tools you will need. I recommend you join the Wealthy Affiliate Online program to learn everything you need to know. WA will teach you How To Make Money Online, everything you need to know about NICHES, KEYWORDS, SEO (Search Engine Optimization,writing Content, inserting Images and much more.There is NO COST TO YOU. The Starter Membership is absolutely free, no credit card required and no obligation whatsoever. You can read a comprehensive review of Wealthy Affiliate here!Take a look at the chart below, chose the $0.00 option and start learning the Internet Marketing Business. You even get NOT ONE, BUT TWO WordPress websites for ABSOLUTELY FREE. Take action now and you can have a fully functional website in just a few minutes.. What do have to lose? Absolutely Nothing.
a) A distinct segment of a market.
b) Targeting a portion of a market
It is important to understand the significance of this because you are going to target only a distinct segment of the MULTIBILLION DOLLAR business of Internet Marketing with your website. In other words, a niche market is a narrowly defined group of potential customers.
TWO PERFECT NICHES
When asked what a niche is I always use Amazon and eBay as examples. When Jeff Bezos started Amazon in 1995, the Internet was was just beginning to be recognized as a perfect vehicle to reach a vast customer potential. Jeff choose the “books & magazine niche” because he could offer a far greater assortment than traditional book stores.
That was Amazon’s NICHE. This phenomena called Internet went spiraling and Amazon’s Management realized soon that there is an instrument to reach a much larger potential of customers much easier, and at a much lower expense, than with the traditional advertising practices. However, in the beginning Amazon still targeted only potential customers within their original niche, Buyers of Books and Magazines.
How did eBay start out? The Internet was the perfect tool to bring together Sellers and Buyers of a variety of items. The products though were NOT the NICHE of eBay. Their NICHE was THE GROUP of people willing to OFFER their products in an AUCTION STYLE FORMAT, and the GROUP of people willing to enter the auctions. Let me emphasize this again, A DISTINCT SEGMENT OF THE MARKET PLACE!
Of course, they both have outgrown their beginning niches and have taken a much bigger piece of what I call “The Internet Money Pie”.
When looking at the PIE CHART, which of the pieces do you think could be yours? I take a little break to let you think about my question:
OK, I am back. If you think any of the 4 pieces shown could or should be yours, I have to disappoint you. YOU ARE WRONG. Look closer and you will see all the little crumbs in between the pieces. AND ONE OF THESE CRUMBS IS YOUR NICHE.
Don’t be disappointed. The statistical data provided on my Getting Started Page explains the immense potential for every aspiring individual wanting to start an Internet Marketing Business.
ARE THERE HOT NICHES? YES THERE ARE!
In no particular order, the list below is what we call the “Evergreen Niches” and they are very broad with a lot of competition. We need to explore the sub categories to find a smaller niche with less competition.
For example PETS which is the main category. We concentrate on DOG as the first sub category. A dog owner does not want to read about cats, mice, fish, alligators, snakes or bunnies. Furthermore, one may target “how to train my dog” or “How to Clean My Dog’s Teeth”. You see why I say that those niches are hot, but way too broad but each of this TOP LEVEL NICHES is making lots of money.
- Make Money Online
- Save Money
- Weight Loss
- Health Related
- Online Degrees
- Save Marriage
WHAT NICHE IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Ideally, your niche should be something that is of interest to you personally. It can be your hobby, job related, something you know everything about because you need to build your content for your website. You must become an authority in your niche to be able to communicate with your audience and help them.
Let me give you an example how a niche can connect to you and your business. Your skill and expertise is “Building Cabinets” and you are the ultimate expert in the trade. Now I ask.
What Kind of Cabinets? What material? Cabinets for the Home? Cabinets for the Office? Only you know that, of course. But this would be the perfect niche for you, THE CABINET BUILDER. I got curious myself and just performed TWO SEARCHES for this niche, just for the heck of it.
Keyword phrase – “How to build a kitchen cabinet” returned 3107 searches per month with only 79 competing websites
Affiliate Program search: More than 50 companies do have an Affiliate Program
This is an excellent result and I did only one keyword search. There are definitely others that the Cabinet Builder would work into his content, resulting in more search results and more visitors to his website. Imagine only 1% of these 3100 searchers visit his website, he would have ONE potential customer per day. Not bad at all.
I know that some of you are still unsure what niche would be the right one, and about the process of finding a lucrative one. Let me help you as we go on.
HOW CAN I FIND A NICHE
- First, I want you to take a look at the “CASE STUDY: Organic Milk” and learn how the author discovered a niche, practically out of thin air, and the steps he took to fully developed a concept for one of his many websites.
- Log on to amazon.com and check their “Best Selling Products” listing They update this daily as far as I know and that should give you a PRODUCT IDEA
- Do the same at clickbank.com.
- Check out dmoz.org. Pick one of the category and start drilling down. They show you the number of listings in every Category and Sub Category. That is a also good way to find a niche.
But don’t do all of this on your own without the necessary knowledge and tools you will need. I recommend you join the Wealthy Affiliate Online program to learn everything you need to know. WA will teach you How To Make Money Online, everything you need to know about NICHES, KEYWORDS, SEO (Search Engine Optimization,writing Content, inserting Images and much more.
There is NO COST TO YOU. The Starter Membership is absolutely free, no credit card required and no obligation whatsoever. You can read a comprehensive review of Wealthy Affiliate here!
Take a look at the chart below, chose the $0.00 option and start learning the Internet Marketing Business. You even get NOT ONE, BUT TWO WordPress websites for ABSOLUTELY FREE. Take action now and you can have a fully functional website in just a few minutes..
What do have to lose? Absolutely Nothing.
My name is John. Do you have any questions about niches or niche marketing, I am here to help. Just drop a comment below and I will get back with you within 12 hours.