- 1 Is Affilorama a good option to start a legitimate online business?
- 2.1 What is Affilorama
- 2.2 The Breakdown of Affiliroma
- 2.3 Affilorama Premium and How Much Does It Cost
- 2.4 FLAW 1) Affiliate Blog Boot Camp Week 3 – Advanced Link Building
- 2.5 FLAW 2) Private Label Rights (PLR)
- 2.6 Upsell #1: Affilio Blueprint 3.0 Membership ($197)
- 2.7 Upsell #2 Affilio Jetpack Membership ($497)
- 2.8 Upsell #3: AffilioTheme ($97.00)
- 2.9 Help and Support at Affilorama
Is Affilorama a good option to start a legitimate online business?
Affiliate Marketing is one of several opportunities to make money on the internet. If you have searched on the web for programs or products that can help you get started, you came across many of those that offer “get rich quick” solutions.
Most of these are scams and not worth the bother or the dollars. Is Affilorama different? My Affilorama Review will shed a light on Mark Ling’s product.
Price: $1 trial period 30 days, $67.00 per month,
For 3 Years $497.00 + upsells
Owner: Mark Ling
My Rating: 80 out of 100 points – 4 stars
What is Affilorama
Mark Ling created Affiliroma in 2005 as a training platform dedicated for affiliates promoting products of several of his business enterprises. Over the years Affilorama evolved into a program that offers different products and several levels of membership.
Affilorama is regarded as one of the better products in the market. Unlike many other products that stay static, Mark Ling updates Affilorama an a regular basis to adjust to the changes in the industry. Before I walk you through the different products and the pricing. let me show you the PROS & CONS of Affilorama.
- $1.00 Trial allows you to explore and start learning the basics without having to commit to investment
- Excellent educational training resources including software applications
- Payment options for the Premium program includes a three year payment plan for convenience
- Access to one of the largest affiliate marketing communities
- Too many program and membership options can make choosing the right program difficult
- Basic program seems to be “just bare bones” compared to the paid programs
- Some outdated information and software
- Teaching of “harmful” business practices and SEO techniques (PLR and Backlinking)
- Upsells that make the program too expensive
- Help and support is “out sourced” to community with NO or VERY LIMITED presence of Mark Ling
The Breakdown of Affiliroma
The $1 Buy In
This is in fact a 30 day and free trial period. Newcomers, especially those new to Affiliate Marketing, are provided with good traing, supported by videos, that teach the fundamentals of the Internet Market. You can interact with other members and ask or grant support. There are also a number of software applications that can be used.
Ultimately, you will need to make the decision if Affilorama is indeed the right program for you. If you decide to go on, you will upgrade to ………
Affilorama Premium and How Much Does It Cost
The Premium Membership cost $67.00 per month and includes
- Affiliate Training
- Blog Bootcamp
- Premium Tools
- Website Hosting
- PLR Articles
- Premium only supports forum
but EXCLUDES the many different products within their program, I firmly believe that when you purchase a product you should get EVERYTHING that there is. You wouldn’t be happy to find out AFTER you bought a car that you have to pay extra for each of the missing passenger seats. Now would you ?
I have to admit that some of the training is extremely sophisticated and good, but unfortunately contains TWO critical flaws that can in fact do a great deal of harm to your online business.
FLAW 1) Affiliate Blog Boot Camp Week 3 – Advanced Link Building
As you can see in the picture a great deal of course time is allotted to “back linking” which is a method to make search engines “think” that your site is very popular within your niche and thus deserves a high ranking.
However, this practice is now being punished by Google and websites that still put emphasis on these outdated strategies are being de-ranked. A BAD IDEA.
FLAW 2) Private Label Rights (PLR)
You will get 30 new PLR articles every single month. You may think this is great because it saves you the time and the effort to make your blog content yourself. But think twice. You will have duplicate content on your website and that is an absolute NO-NO as far as Google is concerned. ALSO A BAD IDEA
And then there is another FLAW within the program:
Some of the 15 included tools are outdated and in my opinion useless. Mark should pay more attention and “pull them” or at least update them to 2013 levels of the industry.
- The Article Spinning Tool – Harmful to your website, DO NOT USE
- Trusted Site Tool – Page Rank Analyzing tool with outdated metrics: Useless
- Social Snoop Tool – Used to locate social sites to create back links to: DO NOT USE
OK, you are in the grind of studying hard for about 6 weeks now and you have learned a lot about Internet Marketing, You have a website with some content in it and are READY TO ROLL! At this point you will be offered to upgrade your package and encounter……
Upsell #1: Affilio Blueprint 3.0 Membership ($197)
This is a very good package that covers every aspect of Internet Marketing. Supported by 13 lessons and 85 videos Affilio Blueprint deals with the subjects of Niche marketing, Traffic Methods like SEO, PPC, Google Content and in particular Affiliate Marketing.
What I miss though is Support for this package. If you require any extra support you will have to pay a monthly Membership Fee of $67.00.
Upsell #2 Affilio Jetpack Membership ($497)
Mark Ling’s “Masterpiece” is geared to make you successful selling his Affilorama program. (and making him more money at the same time), The package includes
- 5 Niche Packages (you can choose 5 out of ten available)
- 3 e-books per niche
- Access to AffilioTheme
- Graphics for each niche
- 20 PLR Articles (again, beware of duplicate content)
Overall, it is a very good promotional tool. In my opinion a little bit pricey at $497.00 and you should really consider if it is worth to spend that much when there is a much better alternative. HERE you can get the same and much more for way less!
Upsell #3: AffilioTheme ($97.00)
This offering is confusing to me. You will get:
- AffilioTheme WordPress Theme
- Training videos
- Graphics Creation Tool
- One year web hosting included
- Access to the members only forum
OK, you will get a specific WordPress Theme. What gets me though is the fact that it should not require a Training Video to learn how to use it (unless of course the training is targeting the Affilorama affiliate aspect).
Help and Support at Affilorama
At all levels of Affilorama you will receive help from other members. It may be difficult at times to obtain immediate assistance. It depends on who is there and also on how many community members are available.
If you expect help from Mark Ling you may or may not receive a timely response. Mark Ling is very well respected within the industry, but he is also a very busy operator of different businesses. He may join a discussion every now and then, but I would not call that “being actively involved”.
Is Affilorama Legit – My Summary
Affilorama is a very good product which adequate training and tools, but also has, unfortunately, a few critical flaws. It can be confusing for beginners to figure out how to start and which of the pricey upsells are indeed necessary.
If you feel you must take advantage of the $1.00 buy-in you can do that right now by clicking here. Keep in mind that if you take them up on all the upsells it will cost you almost $800.00 PLUS $67.00monthly membership fee.
Affilorama is my number 3# recommendation – my rating: 80 points out of 100, 4 stars
My name is John and if you have any questions or anything to add to the review, just drop a comment below and I will get back with you within the next 12 hours. e-mail: email@example.com